In today’s Google For India event, the internet giant has announced yet another good news. Their own new digital payment system named Google Tez now has over 12 Million active users in the country. Google Tez has launched in India as a strong competitor to the Paytm and PhonePe. Now, just after a few months, Google has made another good news about their new payment system for the India. Google Tez now crossed 12 million downloads margin at Google Play Store.
Along with this announcement, Google has released a new feature to the Tez app. The company has added a new bill payment system to the Google Tez app. The app now supports bill payments for Tata Power, Airtel, ACT, DishTV, DoCoMo, and other utility provider. The app can also fetch all unpaid bills from a biller. At launch, it will support over 70 billers, including national and state electricity providers, gas and water, and DTH recharge.
Features of the Google Tez app:
- Linking your bank account and transferring money directly to your bank account, and this happens with UPI
- The app is said to have a security feature with the name “Tez Shield” that is Google’s multi-layered security and 24/7 protection
- Cash Mode in Tez helps you send or receive funds to/from accounts nearby without having to share any important details like phone number or bank account number
- Payments can also be done to contacts on your phone if they have a Tez account or have a UPI address enabled
- Every transaction is enabled with either the Tez PIN or the smartphone lock, whichever you choose to have
- The app has multiple language support with the languages including English, Hindi, Bengali, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Tamil, and Telugu
- Get Tez Scratch Cards (TM) in the app and be eligible to win up to ₹1,000 with each eligible transaction. Plus, your weekly transactions (with each transaction over Rs. 50) enrol you in Tez’s Lucky Sundays contest where you could win ₹1 lakh every week.
[appbox googleplay com.google.android.apps.nbu.paisa.user]