Action Launcher is receiving yet another update on the Android platform. The new version of the app is v26 and you can download it now on your devices. It is a major update and brings many new features and improvements. Mainly, it adds Google feed integration feature (previously Google now).
To recall, the last update of the Nova launcher has already added this feature and now it is coming to the Action launcher too. You’ll need to sideload a plugin, but no root is required. However, the other new additions include many new features from the Android O developer preview. You can see many new UI tweaks and improvements inspired from the Android O.
The official changelog shared by the developer reads:
- NEW: Google Now integration for all! Requires installation of the Action Launcher Google Plugin application.
- NEW: Full Notification Dots support!
- NEW: Long-pressing an shortcut will display a preview of app’s notifications and allow notifications to be dismissed ala Android O. Available when using either Notification Dots or Unread Count.
- NEW: Unread Count support extended to all apps that have a current notification.
- NEW: Android O style App Shortcuts panel.
- NEW: Allow granular control as to which apps display Notification Dots/Unread Count.
- NEW: Android O style widget picker, which displays all relevant widgets for a given shortcut.
- NEW: Directly engage Action Launcher’s Quickedit panel via a shortcut’s long-press popup UI.
- NEW: Dedicated “Icons & App Shortcuts” settings page, which is home to all icon related settings.
- NEW: When Google Pill widget is on the left screen edge and Google Now integration is enabled, display a tinted edge background as per Pixel Launcher.
- NEW: Option to adjust the scale of icon indicators.
- NEW: Revamped interface for selecting the apps that are hidden from app drawers.
[appbox googleplay com.actionlauncher.playstore]