Image source: oneplus.net
OnePlus is facing a hell lot of problems regarding its software and hardware. A few days ago, there were some allegations regarding the data theft by the company for some Chinese companies without the permission of users. The controversy is still ongoing. Meanwhile, the company has released yet another update for the OnePlus 5 devices. If you are using a OnePlus 5 device, you will see the latest update for the OxygenOS 4.5.12 on your device.
If you are wondering, OnePlus has already released the OxygenOS version 4.4.11 for the users. But still, most of the users didn’t receive the update. So if you are still on the older build, you will be able to jump directly into the 4.5.12. If you ask, the new build is exactly same as the 4.5.11, there is a fix for a known bug that came with the 4.4.11. So the latest version is the better one.
For those who were on previous versions for OnePlus 5, we appreciate your active feedback and attempts to reach out to us. With your help, we have been able to better optimize and improve several key areas. Thank you for your patience and as always, we look forward to hearing your continued feedback in the bug reporting forum here: https://forums.oneplus.net/feedback/, said OnePlus officials.
Changelog for the OxygenOS 4.5.12:
- Fixed bug of missing icon of Download app in 4.5.11
- Supports customization of notification ringtone
- Improved launching speed of apps
- Optimized adaptive brightness
- Fixed issue of YouTube video lagging behind audio
- Fixed display issues of some UI elements
- Fixed issue of no 4G+ network in some regions
- Updated Android security patch to September
- General bug fixes
Source OnePlus Forums