On Wednesday, OnePlus has officially announced that they are very close to release the official Android Pie update for the OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphones. Along with the announcement, the company has revealed the community beta update of the Android 9 Pie based operating system version for the OnePlus 3 and 3T devices. The update is currently rolling out to the community beta testers. All others can download the update manually and flash it to taste the first glimpse of Android Pie based OxygenOS.
According to the official changelog shared by the company, the Android Pie beta for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T smartphones brings a new user interface, April Android Security patch, and new Do Not Disturb mode. In addition to these, the update includes Gaming Mode 3.0 with added text notification mode and notifications for third-party calls. Further, the Google Duo deep integration in the Phone app, as well as Google Lens in the Camera app, are included as well.
Here is the procedure to install the community beta version of Android 9 Pie based OxygenOS on your OnePlus 3 and 3T smartphone:
- Download the file from the link provided on the forum post
- Move the downloaded file to internal storage
- The device can be updated only via Recovery Update:
- Turn off the device -> Press power and volume up key simultaneously until the device enters the Fastboot Mode
- Navigate to Recovery option using volume and power button -> Choose English -> Install from Internal storage -> Select the downloaded zip file -> Select ‘Yes’
- Wait until the installation is complete -> Reboot.