MediaTek MT6739 Chipset is official with the support for VoLTE, Dual Cameras and 18:9 ratio Display
Today at India Mobile Congress 2017, the Chipset maker MediaTek has unveiled their new chipset for the smartphone devices. The new MediaTek MT6739 is official now with essential features and lower midrange level performance. The MediaTek MT6739 focuses on low cost and is expecting to deliver more for the money. It features a Quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 up to 1.5GHz. The chipset will arrive by the end of this year as an upgraded version of MT6735.
MT6739 is a quad-core 64bit ARM Cortex-A53 processor and operates up to 1.5GHz. The chipset delivers a package of superior features for entry-4G smartphone users in India, including:
- Future-Proof Cellular Technology: Support dual VoLTE and Dual SIM Dual Standby (DSDS) with either 4G+4G (L+L) or 4G+3G (L+W), meeting future-proof needs as 2G networks are progressively retired.
- Design Excellence: Enable the latest 18:9 display with HD+ resolution, allowing smartphone designers to create premium-looking smartphone styles.
- Innovation at the Fore: New connectivity technologies including eMBMS, HPUE and 600MHz LTE frequency are all supported.
Specifications of MediaTek MT6739:
- CPU: 4x ARM Cortex-A53 up to 1.5GHz
- Memory: LPDDR3 (Up to 3GB, 667MHz)
- Storage: eMMC 5.1
- Camera: 8M+0.3M (VGA) dual camera
- Video Decoding: 1080p @ 30FPS, H.264/HEVC
- Video Encoding: 1080p @ 30FPS, H.264
- Graphics: IMG PowerVR GE8100 up to 570MHz
- Display: 1440 x 720
- Modem: 4G LTE Cat. 4 DL / Cat. 5 UL (FDD/TDD), C2K SRLTE, L+G, L+W/L+L DSDS, eMBMS, HPUE, 600MHz band supported
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, FM, GPS+Glonass / GPS+Beidou
“Consumers expect smartphones to do more than ever before. That’s why we designed the smartphone chipsets with features to let you share, do and capture more and at the same time plug in less,” said Dr. Finbarr Moynihan, General Manager of International Corporate Sales, MediaTek. “Our latest offering in India allows OEMs and ODMs to create 4G-entry smartphones that deliver premium features that provide high–end value at affordable prices.”