ASUS starts rolling out the latest Android version to their tablet in ZenPhone 3 series, he ASUS ZenPd 3s 10. The update brings many improvements and additions the 9.7-inch tablet, including the significant multi-window feature on Nougat which could be very useful for the larger display. The updates currently specified to several devices carrying certain model numbers and expected to rollout to other variants soon.
The update is currently live on the ASUS ZenPad 3s 10 with model number Z500M with version number: V14.0210.1706.20. AApart from the ZenPad 3s 10, ASUS has already started the Android Nougat rolling out to their Zenphone 3 smartphone 3 Zoom. Also with generic Nougat features, ASUS also added Unicode 9.0 based emojis on their default keyboard app. You can go thrugh complete changelog from here:
- Remove redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”、“Splendid” 、“System update” from all apps menu.
- Remove ”PC Suite” (CD ROM)
- Remove “Tap and hold to show menu” form Settings > ASUS customizedsettings > Touch key setting. Add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window ”in Touch key setting.
- Quick Settings supports multiple pages , user can swipe left to right tosee more quick settings if using more than 12. User can enter edit screen bytap the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling ordisabling.
- Default Tap and hold Recent apps key to activate Multi-window
- Add “Game Genie”
- ZenUI Keyboard added New Unicode code 9.0 emoji and skin tone.
- The preloaded Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, and Phase Beam livewallpapers are not compatible with Android N and will be removed after systemupdate.
- Add bundled notifications switch. (Settings > Notification > Configurenotifications.) When multiple notifications for a single app are received, theycan be bundled together into a single group. This group can be expanded to seethe individual messages.
- For user who use Easy mode, a Launcher app menu will show on the screenafter upgrading from Android M to Android N. Please select yourdefault launcher again.
- Add bundled notificationsswitch. (Settings > Notification > Configure notifications)
Whenmultiple notifications for a single app are received, they can be bundledtogether into a single group. This group can be expanded to see the individualmessages.
- Lock screen wallpaperslideshow
Changewallpaper every time you wake up your device. And users can go to”Settings” -> “Lock screen” -> “Wallpaperslideshow settings” for setting.
Before confirming to download and install the update, make sue that yiu have a flawless wifi network, enough free space and atleast 70% charge on tablet battery.