Android N is now official and currently rolling out to Nexus devices , packed with many gorgeous feature even within the Stock OS. Here is the main highlighted features of Android 7.0 Nougat.
- JIT Compiler – It is Just-In-Time compiler which improves the app and game performance faster without memory garbaining.
- VR mode – Android Nougat is a Virtual Reality friendly OS, introducing a new feature named Daydream.
- Vulkan™ API – Vulkan API will provide the seemless gaming experience without any stress.
Battery and Data
- Doze – The new Doze on Nougat is similar that of Marshmallow’s, but it is now improved a lot to save power when screen is locked.
- Data Saver – As usual data savers, it will Warn about data limits, save data but via limiting the usage.
- Split screen mode – Split screen mode will let you to split the work area of device display into two and can do both simultaneously.
- Picture-in-picture – On Android TV, you can browse or do soething even while watching videos, by lettimg them move to a part of the screen just like a floating screen.
- Quick Switch – Most recently used 2 apps can be found by tapping twice on Overview button.
- Bundled notifications – Instead of seeing many notifications from a single app, it can be seen in a single Bundle and can be opened by tapping over it
- Direct reply – For messaging apps, you can simply reply to any message from the Notification panel itself.
- Notification controls – You can control the notifications from Notification drawer without going settings, like muting.
- Customizable Quick Settings
- Quick Settings bar
- Improved Settings navigation
- Settings suggestions
- ‘Clear all’ in Overview notifications bundle for a single app
- Using ‘Emergency information’, it is possible to add biological information on the lock screen like Bloodgroup, diseases, etc.
- You can set different wallpapers for Home and Wallpaper
- All new ‘Unicode 9’ emojis became for cooler than before
- Direct boot – When restarting the device, the phone will restart all apps opened and to be run on background.
- Seemless background updates to ensure security at every interval.
- File level encryption
- App permissions can be controlled towards specific folders too.
- Trusted face for face unlocking by identifying user’s life style, spec glass, etc.
- Improved system backup coverage.
Language and Country
- Supports multi-lingual, multi-nations, and new language preferences.
- Accessibilty settings can be found easily now and can use magnify display, TTS (text-to-speech) speed control the new Accessibilty Mono Output feature will provide the better sound effect in Mono ‘ speakered ‘ phones, inorder to avoid Left/Right channel audio lost issue.
The work mode is good to run Work Apps lawlessly and without any interference.