OnePlus’ OxygenOS latest version 3.5.5 is now rolling out for company’s previous flagship killer smartphone OnePlus 2. The update to OxygenOS 3.5.5 comes as OTA update which is currently available for few OnePlus 2 users, and will be rolled out for everyone very sooner. The update brings many improvements and new features to the smartphone.
But the new OxygenOS version 3.5.5 is not bug proof. The company warns about many issues regarding the major functionalities after the updation. There will be some serious issues with connectivity hardware including Wi-Fi and Bluetooth functioning flaw. OnePlus also discloses an issue regarding fingerprint scanner functionality which persists when the user tries to roll back to OxygenOS 3.1.0. The issues have seen with a few users only. The only way to prevent the damages when reverting back to OxygenOS 3.1.0 from 3.5.5 is to use special 3.1.0 downgrading version ROM and a flashing tool. You can’t simply flash the normal ROM v3.1.0. Downgradation will cause data loss for sure.
The OxygenOS 3.5.5 boasts many features like new Battery Saver, Gaming Mode, new options for alert slider, etc. Here is the complete changelog:
- Enabled VoLTE functionality for select carriers
- Added App Lock
- Added Battery Saving Mode ( Settings > Battery > More )
- Added Gaming Mode ( Settings > Developer Options )
- Added Additional Options for the Alert Slider.
- Redesign of the Volume Adjustment Bar
- Shelf Optimizations
- Updated OxygenOS UI
- Updated Interface and UI of the Clock app
- Updated Android Security Patch Level to 1/12/16
- Increased System Stability
- General Bug Fixes
Also, OnePlusnow replaces the Google inbuilt apps like Cock, Calculator, Messages with OnePlus own apps. The replaced GApps can be downloaded manually from PlayStore.