Redmi Note 4 is the latest candidate in the Xiaomi’s most successful Redmi Note series. The new Redmi Note 4 is a perfect successor to the 2016’s best selling Redmi Note 3. If you have already bought a new Redmi Note 4, you can utilize the guide to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. How to Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:
How to Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 phone
- Download Mi Unlock Tool
- USB cable
- A Windows PC
- Drivers for the device.
Part 1 – Apply for Bootloader Unlock Code
To avoid unofficial editing of phone’s firmware, Xiaomi now requires that users enter a unique unlock code to unlock bootloaders. This code can be easily applied for at the Xiaomi website.
- Open en.miui.com/unlock in your web browser.
- Click Unlock Now and Login using your Mi Account credentials or Facebook account.
- Submit your name, IMEI and other details along with a reason why you want to unlock the bootloader.
- It may take up to 2 days to get the unlock code. The approval will be sent to your phone as a text message.
Part 2 – Unlocking using the Mi Unlock Tool
Once you receive the unlock code, it is a matter of few minutes to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 4 using the Mi Unlock Tool.
- Install Mi Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Open Mi Unlock tool and login to your Mi account using your credentials.
- Once logged in, switch off your device, boot it up in Fastboot mode. To access Fastboot, press and hold power button and volume down buttons together for 3 seconds. A new window will open up which will show you an Mi bunny logo.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using USB cable. The Mi Unlock tool will detect your phone.
- Once detected, click the UNLOCK button. It will show you the progress. If it completes without any issues, your bootloader will be unlocked.