Redmi Note 4 is the latest candidate in the Xiaomi’s most successful Redmi Note series. The new Redmi Note 4 is a perfect successor to the 2016’s best selling Redmi Note 3. If you have already bought a new Redmi Note 4, you can utilize the guide to unlock the bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. How to Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4:
How to Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 phone
- Download Mi Unlock Tool
- USB cable
- A Windows PC
- Drivers for the device.
Part 1 – Apply for Bootloader Unlock Code
To avoid unofficial editing of phone’s firmware, Xiaomi now requires that users enter a unique unlock code to unlock bootloaders. This code can be easily applied for at the Xiaomi website.
- Open en.miui.com/unlock in your web browser.
- Click Unlock Now and Login using your Mi Account credentials or Facebook account.
- Submit your name, IMEI and other details along with a reason why you want to unlock the bootloader.
- It may take up to 2 days to get the unlock code. The approval will be sent to your phone as a text message.
Part 2 – Unlocking using the Mi Unlock Tool
Once you receive the unlock code, it is a matter of few minutes to unlock the bootloader of Redmi Note 4 using the Mi Unlock Tool.
All data on the device will be permanently erased (including contents of the internal SD). Make sure that you backup everything that is important.
- Install Mi Unlock Tool on your PC.
- Open Mi Unlock tool and login to your Mi account using your credentials.
- Once logged in, switch off your device, boot it up in Fastboot mode. To access Fastboot, press and hold power button and volume down buttons together for 3 seconds. A new window will open up which will show you an Mi bunny logo.
- Now connect your phone to the PC using USB cable. The Mi Unlock tool will detect your phone.
- Once detected, click the UNLOCK button. It will show you the progress. If it completes without any issues, your bootloader will be unlocked.
If the unlocking process fails at 50%, wait for 2 days and try again. If not working, try installing the drivers for the Redmi Note 4 once again and try again the same process. After completing the unlocking process, you can flash a custom recovery like TWRP and CWM to get root access and much more.
Please share this article if it helped you to Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. Also suggest this article to your friends who owned Redmi note 4, so that they can also Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4.
Tags: Unlock bootloader of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 4 unlock, root xiaomi redmi note 3, TWRP redmi note 3, bootloader unlock xiaomi redmi note 4.