OnePlus is getting closer to release their Marshmallow based OxygenOS 3.0, MeanWhile, They have released the preview of OxygenOS 3.0 to the OnePlus 2. The Update is downloadable from the OnePlus Site. The owners of the OnePlus 2 can Flash the update in their devices by following some steps on the official site. As this is the Preview of the OS, It may contain serious bugs. OnePlus is asking for help from those who installed the OxygenOS to test the certain aspects like, Battery life, Performance and networking of the Device after updating.
According to OnePlus, We can expect following features from this build of OxygenOS,
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow upgrade.
- New OnePlus Camera UI.
- UI has been cleaned up: swiping up/down now switches between photo/video, whereas HD/HDR and flash settings live in the top right corner.
- You can now change the aspect ratio and toggle grid view without going all the way to the settings.
- New wallpaper picker.
- Easily preview and set both home screen and lock screen wallpaper in one place.
- Shelf UX has been improved.
- No more edit mode, long press boards to rearrange or remove.
- General system performance improvements.
- Benchmarked 47% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on key test scenarios.
- Fingerprint performance improvement.
- Tested 45% faster than OxygenOS 2.2.1 on average.
- Settings changes.
- Old app permissions are gone, say hi to new (native Android) app permissions.
- Alert Slider has its own entry point with more customization options.
- Improved settings menu readability by changing the order a bit.
- March security patches.
Of Course, The New Build has some issues that you should know before updating to the OxygenOS. First of the fingerprint registered in the device will wipe after you update. You have to Register again. Soak testers reported that the new build do have some Wi-Fi speed issues.
Once you have flashed the OxygenOS, You will be able to receive OTA updates.