Few days before, OnePlus unveiled their latest smartphone globally. OnePlus 5 is now official as the 2017 flagship from the company. Since it is a hot topic, we would like to talk about the pros and cons of OnePlus 5. If you are planning to buy a new Oneplus 5 smartphone, make sure to read this OnePlus 5 FAQs for knowing the pros and cons of OnePlus 5.
OnePlus 5 Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.1.1 Nougat with OxygenOS
- Display: 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) Optic AMOLED | 401 ppi | 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- Processor: 2.45 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 | Adreno 540
- RAM: 6/8 GB LPDDR4
- Internal Storage: 64/128 GB | UFS 2.1
- Rear Camera: 16 MP Sony IMX 398 sensor | ƒ/1.7 aperture | EIS | Dual LED flash + Telephoto: 20 MP Sony IMX 350 sensor | ƒ/2.6 aperture
- Front Camera: 16 MP Sony IMX 371 sensor | ƒ/2.0 aperture | EIS
- Battery: 3,300 mAh | Dash Charge (5V 4A)
- Connectivity: Bluetooth 5.0 | NFC | aptX HD
- Dimensions: 154.2 x 74.1 x 7.25 mm
- Weight: 153 g
Pros and Cons of OnePlus 5:
OnePlus 5 Pros:
- Battery and Charging:
Coming to Battery, the smartphone has a 3300 mAh, which is 100 mAh lesser than its predecessor OnePlus 3T which was backed up by 3400 mAH. It also boasts the Dash Charge support which the company claims to charge the smartphone to 60 percent in 15 minutes.
- Fingerprint Sensor:
The smartphone has the fingerprint sensor which is designed by ceramic. OnePlus has one of the best fingerprint sensors installed inside the smartphone which can unlock the device in 0.2 seconds.
Along with it, the Oxygen OS which gives the user a stock experience of the Android makes it comfortable to use.
OnePlus 5 Cons:
The dual camera in the rear in which one is 16-megapixel camera has a Sony IMX 398 sensor that features a large f/1.7 aperture, the secondary 20-megapixel camera has Sony IMX 350 sensor and features a f/2.6 aperture. Though images are not highly saturated, the picture has clarity which is missing. Low light images are very hard to take which many high-end smartphones provide.
Though the smartphone is designed similar to the iPhone 7 Plus, it is just the camera placement that makes it look the same. But it made a mark that OnePlus copied the design of iPhone along with Antenna lines.
That’s all about the pros and cons of OnePlus 5. If your friend or someone is planning to buy this phone, share this article with them too.
1 thought on “Pros and Cons of OnePlus 5: Must know facts about the flagship”
I think OnePlus 5 is bit over priced device.