We have seen many rumors about the come back of Nokia smartphones. Most of them were fake and wrong. But now Nokia has officially announced that they are again coming back to the world wide mobile phone and tablet market.Today, Nokia has finally made the announcement officially, new phones and tablets under Nokia brand is coming. The new owner of the Nokia will be HMD and they will build Nokia branded Android devices. They announced :
WE ARE PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THAT THE NOKIA BRAND WILL BE RETURNING TO THE WORLDWIDE MOBILE PHONE AND TABLET MARKET – NOKIA
A BIG THANKS TO YOU AND ALL OF THE NOKIA SUPPORTERS AROUND THE WORLD. YOU CONTINUE TO REMIND US OF THE DIFFERENCE OUR DEVICES HAVE MADE IN YOUR LIVES. WE CAN’T WAIT FOR YOU TO MEET THE NEXT GENERATION – NOKIA
Key note :
- Finnish private venture HMD global is taking over a part of Microsoft’s feature phones business, as well as the rights to sell Nokia-branded devices.
- Microsoft will sell the rest of the feature phone business (the manufacturing side) to FIH, a subsidiary of Taiwanese giant Foxconn, for $350 million.
- Nokia Technologies (Nokia’s technology and licensing business) will license its brand and some of its telecom patents to HMD global.
- HMD global will have exclusive rights to manufacture and sell Nokia-branded feature phones, smartphones, and tablets.
- Nokia Technologies will have a say in the development of Nokia-branded products. These products will have to pass “mandatory brand requirements and performance provisions.” Nokia will also have a seat on HMD’s board.
- HMD global will be headed by former Nokia executive Arto Nummela, currently a VP at Microsoft.
The legend coming back with full throttle, how many of you are excited in this news ? get ready to welcome Nokia Android smartphones and tablets.