Android’s upcoming OS version Android N is currently being given to test out for Nexus devices and some devices like Xperia Z3, as Developer Preview. Currently running Android N Developer Preview has now began to get for Big screens on Nexus Players after a short waiting.
Nexus Player gets the Android N Developer preview “fugu” build NPC910, giving more bug fixes and more touch supports. Ian Lake, a Google developer had announced the official arrival of Android N Dev Preview to the big screen of Nexus Player. He also states a disclaimer about the probable issues, which you should see on the Preview build on Nexus Players.
Specific to the Nexus Player:
- Playback of Netflix HD content may fail on Nexus Player.
- Any application that relies on dynamic video resolution changes may fail on Nexus Player.
- Any application that use the VP9 video codec may fail on Nexus Player.
- Vulkan: SPIR-V shaders may trigger driver asserts.
- Vulkan: Some pipeline configurations may cause vkCreateGraphicsPipeline() to crash.
Google Developer website has listed the download link and build version number for Andrid N Developer Preview for Nexus Player, and you can flash them on you Nexus Player as per the instruction given by Google itself on the download page.