MediaTek, the fastest growing mobile chipset manufacturer has unveiled their all new chipset Helio P25 Octa-core especially for the smartphones with dual camera setup. As you know, dual camera smartphones are slowly covering the smartphone market. Brands like Huawei are now focusing on dual camera phones only. So, it is great to see a new processor exclusively for the dual camera phones.
Introducing MediaTek Helio P25 -the power of Octa-core processing + MediaTek Imagiq™ ISP. https://t.co/eOej75Y8UZ pic.twitter.com/RcN8kWF6fg
— MediaTek (@MediaTek) February 8, 2017
As the company says, this new chipset is very efficient for dual camera smartphones and enables the ultimate camera experience. According to the official statement, Helio P25 can support up to two 13-megapixel cameras. P25 is built on the 16nm process and it unleashes the full power of Octa-core.
The MediaTek Helio P25 innovative 12bit Dual ISP offers:
- Pioneering Resolution: Up to 24MP single camera or 13MP+13MP dual camera
- Dual Camera-optimized: Colour + Mono de-noise and real-time shallow DoF bokeh
- High Dynamic Range: Video HDR with full preview
- High-Performance Auto Exposure: Turbo 3A to accelerate AE convergence speed by 30-55%
“MediaTek Helio P25 paves the way for high-resolution and feature-rich smartphone cameras that enable amazing static shots and 4K2K videos,”
- Said Jeffrey Ju, Executive Vice President and Co-Chief Operating Officer at MediaTek.