Google has just officially announced the name of next version of Android, carrying the version number 8.0 -Oreo. Google has also started pushing out AOSP (Android Open Source Project) based source code and files, against the earlier Developer Previews.
As the Google has announced back in this year’s I/O Conference, the Android Oreo comes with a lot of new features on Android and smart ways to optimise battery usage. Google says “smarter, faster and powerful than ever” about the Android Nougat. The first most updates will be rolling out to Nexus and Pixel devices, which are currently under testing. A global OTA(Over-the-air) update is expected to roll out soon, both carrier and international versions of Nexus 5X, 6P.
Here are few things you must know about the newly released, named Android 8.0 Nougat.
- Battery optimization by restricting unwanted background tasks
- 2x booting speed compared to Marshmallow and Nougat.
- Notification dots on App icons
- Universal PiP Mode – The Picture in Picture mode is new addition to the Android and it can make any app floating over the screen. So far, many if the apps have showcased their PiP Mode like VLC Media Player, Facebook, KM Player, etc. But the new Android integration will work for every apps and will be a keynote for existing split screen mode.
- Snooze option for notification, so that they’ll show up after some moments or hours.
- Auto-fillforms. In-app authentication forms can be filled automatically with password saved on the device or with Google. Android has already a smart-logjn system which login to some apps using passwords stored in Google Passwords. With the new Auto fill-form feature, every app will have the password auto filling right away from Google securely.
As the Android Oreo AOSP is out, the developers are expected to start porting, debugging and publishing the Custom ROMs for smartphones. OEMs will have to work on the Oreo to push out updates, still many haven’t finished rolling out Nougat.