Panasonic has launched their latest budget smartphone, namely Panasonic Eluga Pure in Taiwan. The new smartphone added into Panasonic’s Eluga series is now available for pre-orders through their Taiwan website at $4,990 (approximately Rs 10,700) and will start shipping from March 27. It is not clear if the smartphone will make it outside Taiwan anytime soon.
The Panasonic Eluga Pure comes out of the box with a 5.5-inch 2.5D curved glass HD display, is powered by a quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor and 2GB RAM. It runs on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with FitHome UI. It packs an 8-megapixel front camera with LED flash that delivers better selfies even in poor lighting conditions, but unfortunately, it doesn’t feature any fingerprint sensor.
The budget smartphone looks much premium in its Titanium Crystal Gray color with a metal brushed finish on the rear panel, curved corners and narrow side bezels with a thin metallic strip running on the sides.
Panasonic Eluga Pure specifications
- Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 64-bit processor clocked at 1.25 GHz with Mali-T720 GPU
- 2GB RAM
- 16GB ROM, expandable with microSD
- 5.5-inch 2.5D curved glass display
- 1280 x 720 pixels Resolutions
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with FitHome UI
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash
- 8MP front camera with Flash
- 2900mAh battery
- Dimensions: 152x 76.8x 8.9 mm; Weight: 160 g
- Connectivity: WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS and 4G LTE