So Asus is securing their side by providing the latest updates for the all latest Zenfone devices, especially in Zenfone 3 series. As part of that, Zenfone 3 Laser series devices are now reportedly receiving Android Nougat 7.0 update. The new software version for the Zenfone 3 Laser devices is V14.2015.1701.13 and it is officially rolling out now.
The new update is live now and it brings many common changes and new features. Most importantly the update includes some new capabilities such as FET VoLTE and VoWiFi. Many of the users in the ZenTalk forum were requesting for the PET VoLTE feature for their devices. Another notable change is that this update removes many of the bloatware from the device. So it is really a wonderful update. Because bloatware was the biggest drawback of ZenUI.
- Update version: V14.2015.1701.13
- Release date: April 17, 2017
- Enable FET VoLTE and VoWiFi.
- Remove “Share Link” as it does not work properly on Android N.
- Remove redundant app shortcuts “Audio Wizard”, “Splendid”, “System update” and “Flashlight” from all apps menu.
- Remove “Tap and hold to show menu” from, and add “Tap and hold to activate Multi-window” to Settings > ASUS customised settings > Recent apps key.
- Quick Settings now supports multiple pages, you can swipe left to right to see more quick settings if using more than 12. The user can enter or edit screen by tap the edit button on top right corner to determine which settings enabling or disabling.
- Split “Ringtone & Notifications” volume bar into “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume bars on “Volume Panel” and “Sound & Vibration” Settings. So users can adjust “Ringtone” and “Notification” volume respectively.
- Remove Shake Shake from ZenMotion.
- Please note that some live wallpapers (Holo Spiral, Bubbles, Black Hole, Phase Beam) are not compatible with Android N and will be removed after system upgrade.
- For user who upgrade from Android M to Android N and do Factory reset, the home workspace will be updated to the new layout.